When the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back.—John O’Donohue
Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard. —Anne Sexton
- Do you wish to find a simple way to access your core content?
- Do you wish to establish writing as part of your daily practice?
- Would you like to have action partners in this process?
Then join us for this six week writing intensive where we will:
- Examine the self as character:Using the Amherst Writers and Artists Method, we will delve into the body of beliefs, behaviors and back-story that inform self as character or a fictional character you are creating. We will write to specific prompts during each class with time for three writing exercises. Each prompt will build upon the last, providing insight and understanding that will continue to manifest long after the journey is over. Whether you are working on memoir, fiction, poetry or recovery, this is a great opportunity to engage your voice in surprising new ways and generate fresh, compelling content.
- Establish a daily writing practice: Using a simple structure I have devised over many years as a writer and teacher, we will create a framework within which we claim room for our daily process. This sets forth a practice that can trickle down and benefit all other areas of one’s life where limiting beliefs, fears and goal-setting have been a challenge.
- Exchange weekly reports: Using an easy-to-follow format, we will share each week our progress, obstacles and observations. The weekly check in system provides an external accountability factor that prods in a healthy way and gives us the opportunity to share our writing triumphs and challenges with other writers.
- When: Tuesday nights—May 24-June 28, 2016, 6.15-9.00 pm
- Cost: $375
- Enrollment: Seven participants (open to both women and men). No previous writing experience required. Beginners and experienced writers welcome.
- To Register: Please email Eanlai at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Online option also available).
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside us.
Writing the Untold Story is a general topic writing workshop open to all writers and ability levels.
It is held on the first Sunday of each month from 1-4:30 pm. Upcoming dates: May 1st, June 5th, August 3rd, 2016, .
This Sunday Salon is a wonderful opportunity to play on the page and discover the untold stories inside you longing to be liberated.
Using the Amherst Writers and Artists method, we will write together in response to prompts designed to spark the imagination and delight the creative mind. We will have time for several writing exercises during the course of the afternoon along with breaks for tea, snacks and connecting with a community of brand new friends.
All suffering is bearable if it is seen as part of a story.
Writing through Trauma is a writing workshop open to all survivors of trauma.
As survivors, many of us have lived with the unbearable silence that has surrounded our stories. For reasons complex and varied, yet strikingly similar, we are all bound, by shame and self blame, to a silence that denies us our truth.
Claiming the right to tell our story, to tell it as we lived it, as we still live it, this is transformative work.
Using the Amherst Writers and Artists method, we will write together in response to prompts specifically designed to help us release whatever part of our story is ready to emerge. Over the course of the eight week session, we will touch on topics such as self image, survival skills, inner critics, creativity, sexuality, health and healing, faith, hope and much more.
Because this is a writing group, the focus remains solely on the writing. Through this safe and confidential framework, we are able to experience firsthand the creation of art from heartbreak. We are able to witness how all suffering becomes not just bearable but beautiful when it is seen as part of a story.
All Writing through Trauma classes are held in Alameda. (ALL WRITING THROUGH TRAUMA CLASSES ARE DISCONTINUED TILL FURTHER NOTICE).
For further information and any questions you may have, please do not hesitate to contact me.